Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Converting RAP to CAP

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  Converting RAP to CAP

Posted Apr 27, 2018 12:53 PM

Hi experts,

My customer has some branches with RAPs, but recently the branches have direct connectivity with the central office, so they want to convert their RAPs to CAPs.

I have read some posts about converting CAP to RAP, but there aren't about convertig RAP to CAP.

I think for converting these RAPs to CAPs I will need to follow the below steps:

1. Click on Configuration > Wireless > AP Installation and select the AP I want to convert. Click on Provision.
    2. If the RAP is in split-tunnel mode, a new AP group without split-tunnel policies will be needed.
    3. Change Remote AP from Yes to No.
    4. In the Master Discovery section, better to select Host Controller Name and let the AP discover the controller by DHCP/DNS.
    5. In the AP settings, better to select Obtain IP Address Using DHCP and avoid the cumbersome of asigning IP addresses statically.
    6. Click on Apply and Reboot.

Here a screenshot:

raptocap.png

Are the above steps correct? Could you confirm please?

Regards,

Julián

• 2.  RE: Converting RAP to CAP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 27, 2018 01:45 PM

That should be it.  Assuming that the branch can resolve aruba-master.domain.com, you should be fine.