Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.

Corporate Internet access and RAP3 remote user

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Corporate Internet access and RAP3 remote user

Posted May 28, 2014 09:55 AM

We have a RAP3 with a wired user in a remote location and are having an issue with Internet access. The RAP connects and works fine with our internal applications, but there is no Intenet access. I worked with TAC for about 6 hours on this and didn't make much progress, they said it was somehting I needed to change on our Cisco ASA Firewall. The Cisco currently has a network PAT configured for the VLAN used for the RAP3's.

I've gotten it narrowed down to the following. If I enable source NAT on the VLAN IP Interface on my controller, I can ping Intenet websites, but any other web traffic gets blocked by our Cisco ASA firewall. With source NAT disabled I cannot ping any websites at all. The wired thing is I have a RAP5 set up that works fine (with source NAT disabled). I've run out of ideas so I decided to post here.

The message on my firewall is:

Inbound TCP connection denied from <OutsideWebsiteIP>/80 to <InsideControllerIP>/50406 flags SYN ACK  on interface Inside

Controllers are 7210's with OS version 6.3.1.5_43118

Any help would be appreciated.

**** SOLVED**** I needed to add a routing statement on the Cisco ASA. Simple as that.