Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

DHCP issue - Ipads are not getting an IP address from the access points -

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  DHCP issue - Ipads are not getting an IP address from the access points -

Posted Dec 07, 2017 03:35 AM

We have implemented Aruba 315 in our network , we have  created a SSID called Roma-WLAN . The ipads will connect wiith this WLAN and before it was working fine , but now it stopped working( i.e ipads are connected with exclamation symbol and as checked in the Airwave there no IP assigned for this Ipads)
    The setup is , Aruba 315 is connected with the aruba switch in site and all this access points are managed by the Aruba mobility controller.
    I found that , the Ipads are having problem with the DHCP server , The DHCP server is configured in the ARuba  switch . I don't know how to resolve it as i am new to Atuba Networks, Awaiting for your solution

• 2.  RE: DHCP issue - Ipads are not getting an IP address from the access points -

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2017 04:59 AM

If it was working but then it does not, what was your last set of changes?  It is hard to figure out what is going wrong without more details.

• 3.  RE: DHCP issue - Ipads are not getting an IP address from the access points -

Posted Dec 07, 2017 05:09 AM

This problem is limited to iPads only and all other resources are getting a DHCP address?

I had a similiar problem but in conjunction with Cisco APs. The workaround was, to give the iPads a fixed IP address. That worked in our scenario, as the iPads were used as door tablets for meeting rooms. If your iPads are roaming (from subnet to subnet), this workaround would not be fitting your needs.

You may wish to check for driver updates or browse release notes for the products in use.

• 4.  RE: DHCP issue - Ipads are not getting an IP address from the access points -

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2017 05:14 AM

Do you have your APs connected to different subnets when your clients roam?