Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Deleting old WLANs - Referenced by another Virtual AP

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Deleting old WLANs - Referenced by another Virtual AP

Posted Jun 13, 2013 12:00 PM

Hello all!

Last year we had a contractor install and configure Aruba-based wireless networks at all of our campuses. During the planning process, someone decided that we needed five seperate WLANs for our wireless network (two BYOD networks, two networks for district-owned devices, and a guest network). This, of coure, lead to a lot of confusion about which WLAN people should be using.

I want to eliminate all the redundant networks, and just consolidate everything down to a guest/BYOD WLAN and a district WLAN. However, when I go into the WLAN Wizard and select one of the old WLANs to delete, I get the following errors:

• ACUSD has been modified such that it is no longer editable from this Wizard. REASON: Server group (AHDC01) is referenced by another WLAN (BYOD) Dot1x server group .
    • BYOD has been modified such that it is no longer editable from this Wizard. REASON: AAA profile(BYOD-aaa_prof) is also referenced by another Virtual AP profile(BYOD-Staff-vap_prof)..
    • BYOD-Staff has been modified such that it is no longer editable from this Wizard. REASON: AAA profile(BYOD-aaa_prof) is also referenced by another Virtual AP profile(BYOD-vap_prof)..

All three direct me to the full configuration user interface, but I cannot find anywhere where I can modify or delete these WLANs. Since I wasn't the one who initially configured the network, and the contractor is being slow to respond due to busy season (plus the employee there who did set it up left the company), I'm not really sure how this was all configured. Is there a way to easily remove these WLANs, or at least disable them so that students/staff won't be able to access them anymore?

Cheers,

Joey

• 2.  RE: Deleting old WLANs - Referenced by another Virtual AP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 13, 2013 12:04 PM

Go to Configuration> All Profiles> Wireless LAN> Virtual AP.  Find the virtual AP and delete the WLANs there.

• 3.  RE: Deleting old WLANs - Referenced by another Virtual AP

Posted Jun 13, 2013 12:05 PM

In order for you to do that you need to remove any aaa profiles attach to that , and set those to default

All Profile Management_2013-06-13_12-01-23.png

• 4.  RE: Deleting old WLANs - Referenced by another Virtual AP

Posted Jun 13, 2013 06:15 PM

That definitely helped, and I was able to remove them. Thank you :D