Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Deny Inter User Traffic in Forwarding Mode: Bridge

Hi!

I've read (in a 2014 Thread) that ARUBA does not support Deny Inter User Traffic in Forwarding Mode Bridge.

I have my WLAN's running in Forwarding Mode: Bridge! :)

Is it possible to block inter user traffic, using the PEF-NG license on the ARUBA Controller (running 8.2)?

thx 4 info & BR

Contributor I

Re: Deny Inter User Traffic in Forwarding Mode: Bridge

Hi

Did you try the "Deny inter user traffic" Option on the VAP-Profil. I'm not sure if it works. But give a try. ;)

In the bridge mode you have no change to apply Firewall Policies because - as you know - the traffic goes not throuw the controller. 

Cheers

Guru Elite

frenzied wrote:

Hi!

I've read (in a 2014 Thread) that ARUBA does not support Deny Inter User Traffic in Forwarding Mode Bridge.

I have my WLAN's running in Forwarding Mode: Bridge! :)

Is it possible to block inter user traffic, using the PEF-NG license on the ARUBA Controller (running 8.2)?

thx 4 info & BR

What kind of traffic are you trying to block?

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Joseph!

I have the need that all clients in the wireless network should not be visible to each other (like the fing app)!

BR

Guru Elite

Unfortunately, the Fing app will always show clients on the network, because it looks at ARPs, which we cannot block.  We can certainly block clients from accessing each other using an ACL, however..

EDIT:  I mean we cannot block Fing discovery when using a bridged SSID.  Enabling "Deny Inter User Bridging" does block Fing discovery of users when the forwarding mode is Tunnel on an SSID.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.

Hi Joseph!

That is the explanation i wanted to hear! :)

And with the ACL configured on the controller, i can block the traffic (forwarding mode: bridged) between all clients in my subnet except ARP.

BR

Richard

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: