Wireless Access

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Deny access to Android device

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Deny access to Android device

Posted Feb 12, 2014 06:54 AM

I have 3600 controller with 40 AP. I would like to deny access to ipad, iphone and android devices.

the os on the controller is 6.3. I have Pef licenses  and Ap licenses.

Plesae share the document for setting up the above requirments

ergards

• 2.  RE: Deny access to Android device

Posted Feb 12, 2014 07:20 AM
    If you don't have clearpass please follow this doc and it will guide you how to implement that on the controller:
    http://www.arubanetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/AOS-DHCP-FingerPrint-AppNote.pdf

• 3.  RE: Deny access to Android device

Posted Feb 12, 2014 08:42 AM

Hey victor, great article thanks for this.

I will extend this even further.

Customer of ours using Android tablets wants these devices to be able to only connect to 1 SSID and not another.

I was thinking of utilizing user rules with the MAC address of the tablet to force a specific user role (which is the post-auth role of SSID 2).

Setup

SSID 1 using external CP (Guest access)

SSD 2 using WPA2 PSK for tablets (employees)

Tablets not allowed to connect to SSID 1 but I have to find a way from preventing this.

I'll throw in another curveball, tablets can only go to certain websites, company website only and subdomains of it.

Using a netdestination in the ACL with a deny all for the user role would probably accomplish this.