Wireless Access

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Distributed L3 DHCP varibles

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Distributed L3 DHCP varibles

Posted Sep 15, 2015 08:21 PM

I am setting up several SOHO's using RAP-3's controlled via Airwave 8.0.X. Can someone point me to a resource that discusses Airwave Template variables? I have this for now in the DHCP scope:  ip-range 172.16.2.%Start% 172.16.2.%End%. My preference would be to a network variable that would automatically calculate the start and stop addresses. Example 172.16.2.0/29 Net #31 would result in %Start% = 31 *8 = 248, %Stop% = %Start% + 7 = 255 resuling in  ip-range 172.16.2.248 172.16.2.255.

Thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Distributed L3 DHCP varibles

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2015 10:53 AM

In the L3 Distributed option, you usually define a very large subnet pool and then give an indication of users per branch which will instruct the controller to break up this large single pool into individual branch subnets, gateways, and routes.

I would not recommend the complexity that you are trying to accomplish...also, have you tried Instant GUI in Airwave, it's much easier to manage and mimics the UI of the Instant APs.