Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

Posted Oct 19, 2012 01:17 AM

Laptop Users in our company have moved to new SSID broadcasted by the Aruba AP's. We are now facing an issue in scanning documents and sharing folders in windows. Both these things are working fine on our older SSID's (non Aruba AP's).

Can anyone think of any solution.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

Posted Oct 20, 2012 04:19 PM

Can you exactly explain us what is happening?

did you change the vlan or do you have a pool ... in other word what is the configuration difference between current AP and previous AP ? (regradless of the SSID name) 

• 3.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

Posted Oct 29, 2012 02:07 AM
    Windows Folder sharing is successful only between Laptops in the same SSID broadcasted by Aruba AP's. Else I get a message "network path was not found" when I try to access the shared folders by typing the IP address of the target machine. Machines connected to wired LAN and other wireless SSID (Enterasys AP) are unable to access folders shared by a laptop in the SSID broadcasted by Aruba AP's. My AP's are in RAP mode, is this the cause of the problem ? This was done due limited capability of the controller. My older SSID is broadcasted by an Enterasys AP, which is working in a standalone mode. Thanks

• 4.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2012 01:50 AM

@mahesh_shirke wrote:
    Windows Folder sharing is successful only between Laptops in the same SSID broadcasted by Aruba AP's. Else I get a message "network path was not found" when I try to access the shared folders by typing the IP address of the target machine. Machines connected to wired LAN and other wireless SSID (Enterasys AP) are unable to access folders shared by a laptop in the SSID broadcasted by Aruba AP's. My AP's are in RAP mode, is this the cause of the problem ? This was done due limited capability of the controller. My older SSID is broadcasted by an Enterasys AP, which is working in a standalone mode. Thanks

Are the users on the Aruba Controller on the same subnet as the ones with the shared folders?  What is the DNS server of the clients?    Can it resolve the hostnames of your clients.  DNS might be necessary to resolve the IP address of clients that are not on the same subnet as others (same subnet resolution often takes place as the result of a broadcast).  

• 5.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

Posted Oct 30, 2012 02:45 AM

Yes, the users are on the same subnet. The clients are using the same DNS. Also, the hostnames are getting resolved.  

• 6.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2012 02:48 AM

The question is, are you allowing all the necessary protocols in the user role for folder sharing to be able to take place?  What are you allowing?

• 7.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

Posted Oct 30, 2012 02:52 AM

This is being implemented by our Vendor. What are the necessary protocols required for folder sharing ?

• 8.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 30, 2012 02:55 AM

Maybe you should rely on your Vendor to implement it, since he would know your network better than we do here.  We would just be guessing.  The protocols for Windows file sharing are here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Server_Message_Block

• 9.  RE: Document Scanning and Windows Folder Sharing Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 20, 2012 09:18 PM

Are you using more than one VLAN in your virtual-ap?