Wireless Access

Contributor I

Does AP-103 come with ArubaOS on it or it get it in controller discovery process at first time boot?

does AP-103 come with ArubaOS on it or it come with no OS and get it's OS from the Controller at first time booting through TFTP?

Guru Elite

Re: Does AP-103 come with ArubaOS on it or it get it in controller discovery process at first time b

Yes it does, but it will be upgraded to the code that lives on the controller on first boot. 

Thanks, 
Tim

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor I

Re: Does AP-103 come with ArubaOS on it or it get it in controller discovery process at first time b

Thats what I have already learned but I have a strnage issue in one AP before where I consoled to it at first time booting it contained no image and when I connected it to the live network it got the OS image from the controller through TFTP didn't kknow why

Valued Contributor II

Hi Friend,

Yes,as soon as an AP discovers the master first it will share it's current boot code and if it is not same, controller will update the code.

For your ref, here is the boot sequence of the AP,

1.AP  requests and receives DHCP address for itself

2.AP determines IP address of Aruba controller (controller IP)

3.AP receives its image from the controller via FTP; config pushed via PAPI

4.AP creates a GRE tunnel between AP and controller

5.Client packets encapsulated in GRE (port 47) tunnel to controller

6.802.11 Frames de-capsulated and switched or routed to the network.

7.AP and controller communication via PAPI (UDP port 8211)

Please feel free for any further query on this.

Cheers,
Venu Puduchery,
[Is my post helped you ? Give Kudos :) ]
Super Contributor II

I was led to believe that the AP did not come will a full code version. In the past I have had to download code to an AP that needed to be configured as a RAP before sending it to site. If installed before being seen by a controller the device was not able to contact the controller when configured as a RAP using the environment variable settings. Has this changed in recent shipments of APs?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: