Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?

Posted Jan 25, 2014 11:28 AM

I have a coudpe of anchor controllers in a DMZ that are local to a internal master controller.

I'd like to avoid having a RAP call into the internal network and download it's config, even if it would eventually register with a local controller in the DMZ.

Cant see any scenario like this is in documentation - anyone done this?

• 2.  RE: Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 25, 2014 11:44 AM

It does not need to contact a master controller, but the RAP whitelist for authorization of the RAP needs to be available to the local controller.  From 6.3 and above, the RAP whitelist can be replicated to a local controller, so connectivity is not needed to the master controller.  In 6.2 and below, the master controller with the RAP whitelist needs to be available.  Please know that if you are tunneling traffic back into your network, you need to make sure that those VLANs are available on your DMZ controller...

• 3.  RE: Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?

Posted Jan 25, 2014 12:02 PM
    Class answer again many thanks. I will start looking into the white list replication.

• 4.  RE: Does a RAP need to download it's config from a master controller?