Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

I am building a test environment and want its controller configs to match my Production environment.  Can I do this by configuring my new test Master first as a local to my Production Master to get the configs pushed to it and then changing it back to a Master in my Test lab?  ... and if I do is there any chance of accidentally updateding or overwriting anything on the existing production master during the process?

Community Administrator

Re: Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

[ Edited ]

Another option is just back up the production master, then copy the tar file, then "restore" the new controller.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
Occasional Contributor II

Will the flash restore also work for a different controller model?  such as 3200XM flash being restored to a 3600.

Guru Elite

It will work across models with two gotchas:

1. You would need to paste in licenses for the new controller right after you type restore flash. You cannot type write mem before rebooting.
2. You must login to the controller VIA the console and fix the interface configuration right after reboot.

Making it a local and then a master is far easier.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Everything except for local config like vlans, port configs
and ip addresses will be overwritten...which is what you want...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: