Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

Posted Jul 17, 2015 02:55 PM

I am building a test environment and want its controller configs to match my Production environment.  Can I do this by configuring my new test Master first as a local to my Production Master to get the configs pushed to it and then changing it back to a Master in my Test lab?  ... and if I do is there any chance of accidentally updateding or overwriting anything on the existing production master during the process?

• 2.  RE: Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

Posted Jul 17, 2015 03:02 PM

Another option is just back up the production master, then copy the tar file, then "restore" the new controller.

• 3.  RE: Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

Posted Jul 17, 2015 04:20 PM

Will the flash restore also work for a different controller model?  such as 3200XM flash being restored to a 3600.

• 4.  RE: Duplicating Controller configs for test environment
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2015 08:16 AM
    It will work across models with two gotchas:

1. You would need to paste in licenses for the new controller right after you type restore flash. You cannot type write mem before rebooting.
    2. You must login to the controller VIA the console and fix the interface configuration right after reboot.

Making it a local and then a master is far easier.

• 5.  RE: Duplicating Controller configs for test environment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2015 11:57 AM
    Everything except for local config like vlans, port configs
    and ip addresses will be overwritten...which is what you want...