Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Endpoint Unique device count behaviour

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Endpoint Unique device count behaviour

Posted Aug 02, 2016 05:16 AM

What is the behaviour of this attribute? Does it increment and decrement automatically and at what intervals?

Reason I ask, students are sharing their credentials with friends to access our wireless network. I have an enforcement profile in place to assign a lower bandwidth contract to ID's with device counts in excess of 10 at the moment. Will these ID's Unique device counts ever be automatically lower so they not hit this enforcement profile in future when they do comply?

• 2.  RE: Endpoint Unique device count behaviour

Posted Aug 17, 2016 04:22 AM
      |   view attached

Nobody? The unique device ID is pretty useless to limit people to x devices on your network. It seems even devices not authenticated gets added to the endpoint DB which renderes it useless as a medium to measure how many devices someone uses on your network. Another issue right now it it seems certain smartphones, especially Nexus it seems choose a different MAC address each time it is power cycled. Attached a screenshot of this happening on my network. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=23330 So after all that, how do I limit BYOD on my wireless network effectively?

• 3.  RE: Endpoint Unique device count behaviour