Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error: Role 'flolan' is user defined, and can't be applied without Next Generation Policy Enforcemen

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Error: Role 'flolan' is user defined, and can't be applied without Next Generation Policy Enforcemen

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2016 06:48 AM

Hi,

I'm playing with the new AOS 8 Version and every time I create a custom user profile and try to apply this profile to an AAA profile I get the following error messages:

Error: Role 'flolan' is user defined, and can't be applied without Next Generation Policy Enforcement Firewall

I have all possible licenses installed, but can't figure out what the error is. It worked on the same device (running in standalone mode for both versions) with 6.5. 

Has anyone seen this error before? 

I have a 7005 controller. 

BR

Florian

• 2.  RE: Error: Role 'flolan' is user defined, and can't be applied without Next Generation Policy Enforcemen

Posted Jan 23, 2017 02:49 AM
    I found out why this error was coming up. It is because there was no PEF license available for the controller or it's not enabled on the mobility master.