Wireless Access

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Error after upgrade (!?)

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Error after upgrade (!?)

Posted Jul 02, 2013 01:14 PM

While trying to upgrade to 7.6.4, I received an error and although i should have known better, I tried to tinker my out of my problem.

I browsed the forums a little bit trying to fix my "DISABLED" problem, but when i try to run amp_enable, all i get is this:

[root@airwave mercury]# amp_enable
    -bash: enable_amp: command not found
    DISABLED - 1!!
    svn: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

I'm fairly lost at the moment.

• 2.  RE: Error after upgrade (!?)

Posted Jul 02, 2013 01:18 PM
    Do the following :
    # amp_enable -now

• 3.  RE: Error after upgrade (!?)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 02, 2013 01:22 PM

You might also try this command:

# /usr/local/airwave/bin/enable_amp

But I suspect there was some kind of failure during the upgrade, and this won't work either.  If that's right, I'd recommend contacting support asap.  They will want to see the upgrade log from the /var/log/upgrade/ directory and should be able to help you with this fairly quickly.

• 4.  RE: Error after upgrade (!?)

Posted Jul 10, 2013 04:28 PM

My support contract recently ran out and a renewal was not budgeted for me.  That's why I landed here and I have been scouring these boards looking for a similar issue.

Trying to use that command manually gave the same result.  

Without a support contract, I may be stuck with a bum machine right now.  I'm not expecting anyone to know how but I do wonder if it is possible to export the database that makes up our building plans and configurations and then import that into a new install.

• 5.  RE: Error after upgrade (!?)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 11, 2013 01:46 PM

Be sure to grab all the backups from /var/airwave-backup/.  This will have all the collected data plus the VisualRF data.  When you restore it to a new AMP server, you'll have to make sure you're restoring on the same software version.  Hopefully your backups will still be good from before the upgrade attempt.