Wireless Access

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Facebook login & Firmware

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Facebook login & Firmware

Posted Nov 01, 2016 02:56 PM

Hello guys , we purchases 6 x IAP 103 For our customer , and would like to enable the facebook login ( check in ) as the splash page. 

The thing is that when selecting the facebook option , there is not "Facebook configuration " appears in the security tab , even after saving and getting back to that , any help ? the firmare i have is 4.1.1.6 and whenever i click for update , it says " cannot connect to remote server "
    The subnet for the access points access the internet with no problem thogh . 

• 2.  RE: Facebook login & Firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 07:25 PM

• 3.  RE: Facebook login & Firmware

Posted Nov 02, 2016 06:02 AM

I have upgraded the AP to the latest Firmware 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.2_54910 . 

Despite this fact i cant see facebook configuration : This is a screen shot : 

aruba.jpg

• 4.  RE: Facebook login & Firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 06:14 AM

Please try to clear your browser cache...

• 5.  RE: Facebook login & Firmware

Posted Nov 02, 2016 06:24 AM

I am sorry Colin , I have tried that , and also different browsers from other machines , with the same result . The facebook option for security doesnt show facebook configuration at all in the interface.

• 6.  RE: Facebook login & Firmware

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 02, 2016 07:05 AM

I am assuming that you followed the instructions here?  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/Facebook Integration.htm

• 7.  RE: Facebook login & Firmware

Posted Nov 02, 2016 07:52 AM

yes i did . The useful thing that i found , this note in the configuration document " The Facebook configuration link is displayed only if the IAP is successfully registered with Facebook. " . 

I am note sure why my IAP is not succesfully registering with facebook.