Wireless Access

New Contributor

Facebook login & Firmware

Hello guys , we purchases 6 x IAP 103 For our customer , and would like to enable the facebook login ( check in ) as the splash page. 

The thing is that when selecting the facebook option , there is not "Facebook configuration " appears in the security tab , even after saving and getting back to that , any help ? the firmare i have is 4.1.1.6 and whenever i click for update , it says " cannot connect to remote server "
The subnet for the access points access the internet with no problem thogh . 

Guru Elite

Re: Facebook login & Firmware

Upgrade with firmware on the limited lifetime warranty page here: http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20388

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I have upgraded the AP to the latest Firmware 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.2_54910 . 

Despite this fact i cant see facebook configuration : This is a screen shot : 

aruba.jpg

Guru Elite

Please try to clear your browser cache...

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

I am sorry Colin , I have tried that , and also different browsers from other machines , with the same result . The facebook option for security doesnt show facebook configuration at all in the interface.

Guru Elite

I am assuming that you followed the instructions here?  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/CaptivePortal/Facebook Integration.htm

Colin Joseph

New Contributor

yes i did . The useful thing that i found , this note in the configuration document " The Facebook configuration link is displayed only if the IAP is successfully registered with Facebook. " . 

I am note sure why my IAP is not succesfully registering with facebook. 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: