Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Faulty AP-105 not attaching to controller

Hi all, got a 105 not attaching to a controller, its brand new. Just done 3 others and this one sits at "Running ADP..." and then after a few minutes reboots. Tried manually inputting our controller IP. Any ideas? Its picked up the correct firmware, just won't register.

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Faulty AP-105 not attaching to controller

You might want to publish the boot log for us to see.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Are you using the same port as the other APs?  Are you sure it's getting an IP address? 

If you are sure it's getting an address and it's on the same VLAN as the other APs, purge it and see if it comes back up.  To do that, hit the Enter key when prompted during the boot, then type "purge".  After that finishes, type "save".  Now reboot the AP and see if it connects.

If it doesn't, like Colin said, post the boot log and let us see where it is breaking down.

Frequent Contributor II

Attached:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor II

Tried a purge, really odd, all the others worked fine, I've done hundreds of these!

Guru Elite

What is the AP using to find the controller?

Like Olino says, stop it at apboot and type dhcp.  Send us that output.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

It has the correct IP for our network and I can ping it from my workstation.

Guru Elite

Yes, but what is that access point using to discover the controller?

Colin Joseph

Frequent Contributor II

Well it hangs on Running ADP so I assume its doing that. Is there a way I can hard code it, should'nt need to do this as I've just done a load of others. Thanks. 

Guru Elite

At the apboot> prompt type "setenv master <ip address of controller>" and then type "save".

That will not deal with the underlying issue, however, which is that the AP cannot find the controller using a standard discovery method.  You might have to troubleshoot that, as well.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: