Wireless Access

last person joined: 14 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP

Posted Feb 08, 2016 11:08 AM

Hello everyone,

I am looking at enabling the secondary link on our AP-225s. The issue I am having is that after following the instructions in the below link it appears that I am still at a stand still. 

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/AP_Config/LACP_Support_on_AP_220.htm

After assigning an AP profile with the AP System Profile with the GRE/LMS configured it constantly reboots and never creates a connection back to the controller. The AP is connected to a Juniper EX-3300 with the following configuration on both ports.

unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
    port-mode trunk;
    vlan {
    members 10;
    }
    native-vlan-id 30;
    }
    }

Here is a sample of the addressing scheme for the LMS/GRE

192.168.11.38 : LMS

192.168.11.39 : GRE

192.168.11.40 : Controller 1

192.168.11.41 : Controller 2 (Future)

Let me know if you need anymore info. I appreciate any insight into my issue. :)

• 2.  RE: GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2016 11:10 AM
    Your Juniper config doesn't show any reference to LAG/LACP being configured.

• 3.  RE: GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP

Posted Feb 08, 2016 11:16 AM

Hello Cappalli,

I was directed by a partner of ours that when using GRE/LMS then its not required to create the AE (LACP) partnership on the ports. However I will give it a shot. 

• 4.  RE: GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2016 11:18 AM

LACP is mutual. It needs to be configured on both sides.

• 5.  RE: GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP

Posted Feb 08, 2016 12:01 PM

Alright I've gone through and reconfigured LACP for both ports to the following.

ge-0/0/2 {
    ether-options {
    802.3ad ae0;
    }
    }
    ge-0/0/3 {
    ether-options {
    802.3ad ae0;
    }
    }
    ae0 {
    aggregated-ether-options {
    lacp {
    active;
    }
    }
    unit 0 {
    family ethernet-switching {
    port-mode trunk;
    vlan {
    members 10;
    }
    native-vlan-id 30;
    }
    }

I am able to ping out and access remote subnets from the AP, but I dont show the AP up in the controller. I think I figured out why though. After looking at the logs I see I have the following message.

Feb 8 11:37:01 :311020:  <ERRS> |AP Test-AP@10.1.6.50 sapd|  An internal system error has occurred at file sapd_redun.c function sapd_check_rap_dhcp_pool line 4999 error sapd_check_rap_dhcp_pool: LMS and RAP-DHCP-Server on same subnet c0a80b00.

I noticed the error when setting it on the controller and fixed it under the AP system profile for this AP Group. However, I haven't changed it on my other AP system profiles being used in other groups, so Im guessing this may still be causing a conflict. We dont use RAPs for anything at the moment, but I will have to wait to the end of day to make this change as these profiles are being used for a production enviroment at the moment. Let me know if I am on the right track or if I've lost my mind. Thanks for all your help.

• 6.  RE: GRE & LMS Configuration for LACP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2016 11:14 AM

Hi, 

Did you configure LACP on the two switch (Juniper) ports where the AP is connected? 

Thanks, 

Rajaguru Vincent