Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table

Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:11 AM

Having an interesting problem with a Google nexus 7 tablet.

Tablet is running the latest Android version 4.2.1

The WLAN is running on AOS Version 5.0.4.1. it is a WPA2/PSK design where I am also using user-rules to assign roles based on the MAC address of the supplicant device.

Most times, not always, (meaning occasionally everything works) When the Nexus 7 tablet connects it authenticates using the PSK without issue and from the debug logs I can see that the user-rules are applied and a role is assigned, but the tablet does not appear in the user table.

From the tablet side I see that connection has been successful and an IP address has been leased, but no internet access.

Anyone had similar problems with the Nexus 7 tablets?

Cheers,

• 2.  RE: Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 02, 2013 11:17 AM

Make sure that there is an "allowall" for the Nexus 7's final role to ensure that nothing is being blocked.  We do have quite a few Nexus 7s running with that type of encryption without any issues.  Is the role assignment changing the VLAN of the device?

• 3.  RE: Google Nexus 7 connects but will not show in user table
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 24, 2013 02:19 PM

Just an FYI for anyone who might encounter this problem.

I am not sure why but the Nexus7 does not seem to like having a reserved IP address.  Initially the IP address for this device was set up as a reservation on the DHCP server and for some reason the Nexus would not appear in the AP user table.

Removing the DHCP reservation solved the problem.