Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

Hi guys!

I would like to configure Guest Provisioning in MM-MD AOS8 environment.

AOS 8.3.0.0 config guide states this:

Configuring Guest Fields
1. In the Managed Network node hierarchy, navigate to the Configuration > Services > Guest Provisioning page.

The problem is that, there isn't Guest Provisioning page:

uniqa_wifi11.png

I found Guest Provisioning page under MM group, but if I configure guest portal under MM, that is applied for all MD group, that's not OK.

Furthermore if I configure it under MM, I need to add a guestprovisioner user under MM, and provisioner need to access MMs over the network, I wouldn't want to do it.

From config guide:

Configuring Guest Provisioning User

Username and Password Authentication Method
1. In the Managed Network node hierarchy, navigate to the Configuration > System > Admin page.

The system is running AOS 8.3.0.0 (MMs and MDs also)

Thanks!

Re: Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

You need to configure this under the MD/Manage Network

2018-06-27 13_24_07-Amazon WorkSpaces.png

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Architect @WEI
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Occasional Contributor II

Re: Guest Provisioning in AOS8 environment

If I navigate there what you pointed on the picture, it's simply open guest portal page, what I customized under MM > Configuration > Guest Provisioning (customized banner, customized labels, and more..) There isn't configuration options.

(https://<MMs-vrrp-ip>:4343/screens/switch/gpp.html)

But the config guide states I need to configure guest portal under MDs, but there is no Guest Provisioning page.

If I added an internal user in MDs with role guest-provisioning, opening MDs-vrrp-ip in browser, login with that account, I see a default guest-portal, not that I configured under MMs.

This seems to me to be MM, and MDs also run 1-1 independent guest portals.

Based on the config guide I would have to configure it under MDs, but there is no such menu item.

(Sorry for my bad english)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: