Wireless Access

Regular Contributor I

Guest Voucher Access / and the need of PEF-NG or not

hi

im freakin out, got some controller without PEF-NG and have to solve guest voucher access, guest access addded via wlan wizard pointing to internal_db . while pef-ng isnt installed here i got the guest-login/guest role, but those are just empty, the wizard generated some own guest-profile and i wonder how to solve "initial role" and "authenticated" role access.

any quick ideas ? i always wonder if guest voucher without PEF NG is the best way. dont think so.

regards

Guru Elite

Re: Guest Voucher Access / and the need of PEF-NG or not

Without PEF-NG you will not have those options to configure the guest roles.  Guests will get on your network and function just fine, but you cannot, without the PEF-NG license, restrict where they can send their traffic.

Using the Wizard is the best way to setup this WLAN, instead of doing it from scratch.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

to put in nutshell (thx cjoseph) hehe , am i able to use CP without PEFNG or not ?

i created this guest wlan with the wizard. some guest-role had been created containing approx 14policies (http/s, dns, and so on) but the guest-logon/guest role are just empty, dont contain any policies. well its clear cause pef-ng is missing.

customers goal is to have CP with voucher and first "logon cp page" and the guest-authenticated.

possible without PEFNG right?

regards

Guru Elite

Yes you can, with the Wizard, without PEF-NG.

Do not look at the roles or the contents of them, because nothing is being enforced beyond forcing the client to a http(s) page to login without the PEF-NG license.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

so without PEFNG, whats the "logon role", guest-logon , or this 14policy containing wizard-based created guest-role?

what about "captive portal authentication profile", theres "inital role" and "default guest role". what should be set there?

hope you are right that CP is working, will create now some fresh guest-wizard VAP, hope its working then finally.

regards

Regular Contributor I

once i had "role VLAN ID" to be set on the guest-logon , but this is all useless.. so you are sure not to do any changes in "guest logon" nor "guest" role ? only this 11policy containing guest-role created by wizard,

sorry, normally i have PEFNG and not some "naked" controller like this ;(

Regular Contributor I

checking the captive portal auth profile saying also here :

Captive Portal Authentication Profile > gast-test-cp_prof

Default Role: guest-login       

Default Guest Role : guest

Guru Elite

You should not have to change anything, it will just work, but you will not be able to add/remove any acls to any of the roles.

Colin Joseph

Regular Contributor I

ok , im using some firewall in front of the controller to NAT , DNS seems to work, i wonder that securelogin.arubanetworks doesnt come up . any hint to troubleshoot, how the client gets this re-direct information?

shouldnt there be some "logon" role and then after authenticated some guest-role or ?

i dont like naked controllers...

Guru Elite

Are you using firefox with OSCP turned on to test?  Please try turning it off to see if that is the issue.  Do a "show datapath session table <ip address of client>" to see what they are requesting.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: