Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Guest portal on WLC 7205

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Guest portal on WLC 7205

Posted Feb 09, 2017 09:48 AM

Hello,

I want to configure a guest portal on my WLC 7205.

I think I configured everything (aaa profile, virutal ap profile, ssid profile and so on) but when I try to connect, I am directly connected and not redirected to the guest portal.

I am preparing the WLC but with no internet connexion. Is it mandatory to have an internet connexion to be redirected to the guest portal ?

Or did I configure something wrong ...

AL

• 2.  RE: Guest portal on WLC 7205
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 09:58 AM

It does require a functioning DNS server.  If you are getting out without doing anything, more configuration is required;  your initial role is wrong in your AAA profile.  It should be some role with *logon.

Please see the appnote here for step-by-step instructions:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Guest-Access-with-ArubaOS/ta-p/155602

• 3.  RE: Guest portal on WLC 7205

Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:27 AM

I put 8.8.8.8 for the DNS attributed to the clients in the moment, but even if the configuration is well done, I should at least be redirected ?

• 4.  RE: Guest portal on WLC 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:29 AM
    If you cannot resolve DNS it should work. To test it without DNS try to open a browser to 1.1.1.1

• 5.  RE: Guest portal on WLC 7205

Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:33 AM

I can see the guest portal when I open a browser to 1.1.1.1 with an iPhone, but I have do it manually, is it not automatic ? Or does it require a functionning DNS server ?

• 6.  RE: Guest portal on WLC 7205

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:38 AM

yes