Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HA/Fast Failover: One AP stays on the local

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  HA/Fast Failover: One AP stays on the local

Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:28 AM

Hi all

I have a HA group set up on a master-local pair. This morning at around 1am one of the APs decided that the standby (local) controller was its controller. No big deal, it's very possible that it could have lost it's connection to the master. However, there was definitely no known network issues later in the day, I could ping the AP from both master and local fine. But still it held on to the local as its controller. My question is why would this happen and is there a manual way to force the device to use the master instead of the local? I rebooted the AP and this sorted it out but I'd rather not have to do that.

Any thoughts on why it didnt fail back? We have pre-emption in the system profile set at 600s.

Cheers

• 2.  RE: HA/Fast Failover: One AP stays on the local

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:32 AM
    How are your ap system profiles configured?

You can move AP's manually with the apmove command.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: HA/Fast Failover: One AP stays on the local

Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:35 AM

Its a single system profile with LMS IP of the master and backup LMS of local. Pre-empt is enabled at 600s.

• 4.  RE: HA/Fast Failover: One AP stays on the local

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 25, 2015 08:37 AM
    If the master and backup are in the same HA group, just put the master in the LMS-IP. You don't need a backup.

Also make sure preemption is enabled in your HA config.

Thanks,
    Tim