Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

HELP | ArubaOS <> PaloAlto (Sending user info to Palo Alto via the PAN profile)

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  HELP | ArubaOS <> PaloAlto (Sending user info to Palo Alto via the PAN profile)

Posted Jul 17, 2015 01:52 AM

Hi AirHeads,

In the last couple of days im running a short POC in a private hospital in my country

I'm trying to use the PaloAlto integration option in order to send each user-id that been authenticated to the PaloAlto (ArubaOS 6.4.2.8)

i followed each of one of the steps of the SG (Solution guide) http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/partners/SG_PaloAltoNetworks.pdf

(There is PAN profile on the AAA PROFILE that users are using via the wired port)

when testing  following syntax:

show pan profile

show pan active-profile

show pan state

show pan statistics

show pan debug

That's everything is connected... but even due ..in the PaloAlto i can see the users but no USER-ID has been sent.

Please advise, What do i missing?

Thanks.

Me

• 2.  RE: HELP | ArubaOS <> PaloAlto (Sending user info to Palo Alto via the PAN profile)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 26, 2015 04:29 PM

In the Palo dashboard, are you seeing the controller login?

• 3.  RE: HELP | ArubaOS <> PaloAlto (Sending user info to Palo Alto via the PAN profile)

Posted Jul 26, 2015 06:53 PM
    Yes, Login msgs and Logout msgs..
    Why?

• 4.  RE: HELP | ArubaOS <> PaloAlto (Sending user info to Palo Alto via the PAN profile)

Posted May 11, 2016 09:10 AM

Hi, we are trying the same, but I can't get my PAN state to show as up? Our instants work perfectly, but our master/local setup not at all.

I am pointing the Aruba pan integration to my MGT interface of the PAN. but no logs at all.

I recken it has something to do with the certificate and you need to use the hostname instead of the ip address. any help would be appreciated.