Wireless Access

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 06:29 AM

Hi, I have upgraded using Wegbui the Controller 7024 to ArubaOS 8.0.1.0 > during upgrade I selected Partition 1 for upgrading.

Partition 0 is the ArubaOS 6.4.3 with all settings and is the bootable partition.

During upgrade via Wegbui, I selected to reboot the Controller after a succesful updrage of partition 1.

Problem

After reboot, I was nog able to get into Controller anymore on it's fixed IP address. I can only get a ping on 172.16.0.254. If I type in webbrowser 172.16.0.254, I get a page with only Aruba logo and Controller Setup text. But not a menu or settings to setup.

If i go via CLI, it is asking me for Login: 

If I try root, password admin or (set) password for 6.4.3 setup it dow not work.

If I use admin/admin I get a [mynode]  user and if I do 'show image version' it shows me partition 0 > 6.4.3. partition 1 > 8.0.1.0

So upgrade is doen well on partition 1, but I don't get it why it is not booting partition 0, and why I don't get in on it's fixed IP we set on setting partition 0. 

Who can help me get back into partition 0 so we can move forward.

• 2.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 06:58 AM

You can set the boot partition from the CLI using: boot system partition 0

BTW there is no upgrade path from AOS 6.x to 8.x. Meaning that if you upgrade a controller from 6.x to 8.x it will not keep any configuration.

• 3.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 07:00 AM

I tried, but in CLI I can not access using ROOT because password is not 'admin' and not the password we set up for partition 0.

So if I log in via CLI using admin/admin I get this ((none)) [mynode] :

• 4.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 07:08 AM
    Ok, you should be able to browse to the controller or connect to the console to start the setup wizard.

Make sure you clear your browser cache before accessing the webUI. Once you've been through the wizard & rebooted, you can log back in a change the boot partition to 0.

• 5.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 07:15 AM

I cleared cache, and tried different browser, but I just see no wizard appear in browser: see attachments:

• 6.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 26, 2017 07:21 AM
    Type boot system partition 0

If no luck with that connect to the console to run the setup wizard.

• 7.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 07:58 AM

Thanks that worked!

• 8.  RE: Help: Controller upgrade > after no access

Posted Jan 26, 2017 06:58 AM

Update: via Display I found out via STATUS > OS Version > 8.0.1.0

So it actually boots on partition 1 - while it must be 0

How to fix this > as I have no root password that works on cli.