Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Help with A200 - NATting a broadband connection

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Help with A200 - NATting a broadband connection

Posted Feb 28, 2015 12:56 PM

Hello all,

I used to work for a reseller (was actually ACMP for a while) and acquired some demo equipment when we obsoleted it. I have an A200 and an AP124. 

I have had nothing but problems with consumer AP/Routers for the last 3 years and I'm fed up... it's time to use the Aruba system and not have to deal with stupid problems anymore. 

I know that I need to set the WAN up to DHCP and connect that to the cable modem... then set up a private network on the LAN interface and set up a little DHCP pool, and attach the AP to that interface. But to get NAT to work between the interfaces is where I'm falling short... we never set things up this way in our deployments, and I'm so far removed from the technology. I can't even get into the console at this point (still trying to find my cable) so I'm not sure what build the 200 is running, but it's old, for sure. 

Are there any "quick guides" or whatever to get a simple system like this going? I'm sure it's just a small handful of commands. Rather than crawl through the ArubaOS manual I thought I'd try on here first. I got a lot of good help in here back in the day that I couldn't get from the "help" desk. 

Thanks in advance!

Dave

• 2.  RE: Help with A200 - NATting a broadband connection

Posted Feb 28, 2015 04:27 PM

Here is a basic configuration for using a controller as your internet gateway:

interface vlan 192
            ip address 192.168.13.254 255.255.255.0
            ip nat inside
            description "home-vlan

!

interface vlan 470
            ip address dhcp-client
            description "xfinity-vlan"

!

interface gigabitethernet 1/3
            description "xfinity-uplink"
            trusted
            trusted vlan 1-4094
            ip access-group "XFINITY-LINK-ACL" session
            switchport access vlan 470

!

interface gigabitethernet 1/1
            description "home-uplink"
            trusted
            trusted vlan 1-4094
            switchport access vlan 192

!

ip default-gateway import dhcp

!

ip access-list session XFINITY-LINK-ACL
      any any svc-dhcp  permit 
      any any any  deny

• 3.  RE: Help with A200 - NATting a broadband connection

Posted Feb 28, 2015 04:52 PM

Thanks! I'll give this a shot tonight. I actually found my cable and got into the switch. It's running 5.0.something. Probably no sense in trying to upgrade it. About the only thing I'm going to do with it is block webkinz and a few other stupid websites. :)