Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

Help with RAP-2WG-US

[ Edited ]

I was given a RAP that I have been tasked with trying to get it connected to our controller.  For some reason I am having great difficulty, and an extra set of eyes would be more than helpful at this point.

I am given a "RC_ERROR_IKEP2_PKT1" error when attempting to connect to the controller from our internal network (just to try to get things working first)..  After asking google, I found that the RAP may not be connecting to the controller, and followed instructions I found elsewhere to troubleshoot. My output is as follows:

(Aruba) #show datapath session table | include 4500
X.X.X.X    X.X.X.X       17   4500  4500   0/0     0 0   0   1/1         1c   1      1      F
X.X.X.X    X.X.X.X       17   4500  4500   0/0     0 0   0   1/1         1c   0      0      FC

I followed the AP wizard, and set my configuration to AP specific for this AP.

The RAP is whitelisted (tried with and without an IP assigned)

Under VPN Services I have L2TP & XAuth enabled.  Authentication Protocals is PAP only.  DNS info is listed, address pool is setup.  Nat-T is enabled.

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Guru Elite

Re: Help with RAP-2WG-US

Execute these commands:

config t
logging level debugging security subcat ike logging level debugging security process aaa logging level debugging security process authmgr logging level debugging security subcat l2tp logging level debugging security subcat vpn

Boot up the RAP2Wg.  When it fails, type "show log security 50" to see what happened.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

What AOS do you have installed ?

please run the following command :
show crypto ipsec sa

show crypto isakmp sa

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

[ Edited ]

[ Edited ]

victorfabian wrote:

What AOS do you have installed ?

please run the following command :
show crypto ipsec sa

show crypto isakmp sa

ArubaOS (MODEL: Aruba3600-US), Version 6.1.3.3

show crypto ipsec sa

% No active IPSEC SA

show crypto isakmp sa

% No active ISAKMP SA

MVP

Do you by any chance upgrade the flash on that RAP ?

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Command-of-the-Day/COTD-apflash-backup-partition-or-how-do-I-upgrade-my-RAP5/m-p/5829/highlight/true#M258

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA

I took the RAP to the subnet that the controller is on, and it did an upgrade automatically.  The software version on the RAP is now: ArubaOS Version 6.1.3.3 Build# 34156.

The RAP now shows in the controller after upgrade, so that is at least a step forward.  From here i've tried provisioning the AP like our 105's (but also selecting remote AP).  Status will say AP Rebooting...   and never change on the RAP end after provisioning.  I can not get the RAP to do anything even after 15 minutes.  I reset and let it upgrade again.  I set a manual address this time.  Now the RAP says "Continuing......."  with nothing else showing.  AP rebooted twice while I let it sit.  AP does not show in controller.  Finally I reset again, let it upgrade, and only entered the controller IP.  It showed in the controller, but disapeared after entering the IP on the RAP.  RAP says "Continuing..."  and nothing more :(.

I won't be able to look at this again until thursday morning.  Thanks for your help thus far. :)

I will be around today if anyone has any more suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Guru Elite

Put the RAP on the same subnet that the controller is on and let it connect to it.  After some time, run the command "show ap image version" and see if the backup partition is 5.x ".  If it is only 3.x, you will have to contact support to get help to upgrade it to 5.x, UNLESS youhave a controller that is on 5.x.  You cannot upgrade the backup partition with a controller that is 6.x.  See the article here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1425 

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

cjoseph wrote:

Put the RAP on the same subnet that the controller is on and let it connect to it.  After some time, run the command "show ap image version" and see if the backup partition is 5.x ".  If it is only 3.x, you will have to contact support to get help to upgrade it to 5.x, UNLESS youhave a controller that is on 5.x.  You cannot upgrade the backup partition with a controller that is 6.x.  See the article here:  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/R-1425 

Thank you for that information :)

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: