Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I display connection attempts that my policy is blocking

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How can I display connection attempts that my policy is blocking

Posted Mar 27, 2014 12:57 PM

We use RAP-5s for our work at home environment. We use Avaya ip hard phones, which are connected to the RAP. The Avaya phones are authenticated by their mac address. I have created a role consisting of various voice related policies that the Avaya phones are assigned to after authenticating. The phone is able to register with the pbx and connect to the http server to retrieve the config, and log into the pbx. However, there is something still being blocked as the phone has no dial tone. So I wanted to see if there is any way I can look on the controller and see what is being blocked when the phone goes off hook and tries to get a dial tone.

• 2.  RE: How can I display connection attempts that my policy is blocking

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 27, 2014 12:59 PM

If the port is in tunneled-mode, you can run:

show datapath session table <ip-address> | include D

This will show you traffic that is being denied/blocked. If you want to see all traffic, remove the pipe and include.

• 3.  RE: How can I display connection attempts that my policy is blocking
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 28, 2014 02:57 AM
    Avaya phones use ports 49152-53246 for voice traffic or port 5060 if you are using sip. Just make sure these ports aren't blocked.