Wireless Access

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I run aaa user delete role

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  How can I run aaa user delete role

Posted Dec 13, 2016 04:47 PM

My company is using a home grown API server to quickly white list devices on our WiFi netowork. Part of the requirement is to clear the end user device from the controller when their mac address is being added to the "white list".

I've beenw working with Aruba support for some weeks now and they can't come up with a solution.

I want to be able to run any of the following commands via API call to the controller with only the end users device mac address available.

aaa user delete mac xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

• Per Aruba support this one is possible only if you have the IP address of the device when it's connected to the controller

aaa user delete role <role-name>

• Per Aruba support this is possible, but they have no idea of what the code would look like, and neither do we

My controller is running Version 6.4.4.8

• 2.  RE: How can I run aaa user delete role

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:11 PM

Unfortunately, the XML-API parameter that deletes a user requires the ip address:  

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-does-the-ArubaOS-XML-API-Work/ta-p/179218