Wireless Access

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

Posted Feb 16, 2015 07:08 PM

How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

I want to give more throughput to this connection. I'm not sure if I can configure a LACP between the AP and the switch?.

It is neccessary that both ports have PoE enabled?,

If I want to use full radio chain fuctionality, do I need 802.3at on both interfaces or just 1 interface?

• 2.  RE: How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2015 07:09 PM

There is only one PD circuit in the AP so power will only be accepted on one port. If power is lost on that port, the AP will reboot and come up on the second port.

You will need .at power to use both ports in a LAG.

On the controller side, you'll need to configure an AP LACP map (6.4.1+). You can find this under All Profiles > AP > AP LACP LMS map information.

lacp-striping.PNG

• 3.  RE: How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

Posted Feb 16, 2015 07:11 PM

With 802.3 af is not possible to use LACP at all?

• 4.  RE: How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

Posted Feb 18, 2015 03:29 PM

No. If the AP-225 or IAP-225 does not have 802.3at power it will shut down the second ethernet port and the usb port. You'll need 802.3at power sources for full functionality. 

• 5.  RE: How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

Posted Oct 11, 2017 10:06 AM

I am looking to test this setup in my environment and have a few questions.

Our switches are PoE+ and currently our AP225s are just connected via eth0 back to the switch and are powered there.

I'd like to setup a profile group, separate from production wireless to test, is adding AP striping and setting up LACP a global change that will impact the other WAPs? If so, how will they be impacted if they are only connected via eth0?

I have two AP's setup with eth0 and eth1 back to PoE switch and are working. However, I am looking more to separating 2.4ghz and 5ghz bands to either eth0 for 5ghz and Eth1 for 2.4ghz. Providing separate connections back to the switch, to decrease the traffic on a single connection, hoping to push throughput on each radio.

If this is not available, does this type of setup work for link agg? We are using lacp in our environment to dual thread our switches back to our cores, so the infrastructure is already in place on the switches themselves. Just looking for some guidance and or best practice.

• 6.  RE: How can I use both Eth0 and Eth1 in a IAP225 in CAP mode. I have a 7030 WLC%2C it is LACP possible?

Posted Feb 27, 2018 09:20 AM

Hi Tim,

Good day! I have 13 pcs of AP325 that are already been placed and terminated on the ceiling but I wasn't able to provisioned the AP's first to the controller, and the ceilings are already fixed. I am not sure if the AP's can be provisioned, if it's connected on either eth0/eth1 and base on the led status of the AP it is blinking green on power led, as i've check the switch the status of the ports 19,21 and 22 AP's can get IP addresses and those MACs are assumed to be the ports where AP's are connected it was pingable same VLAN as controller they are reachable but unable to be provisioned. The controller is 7220 version 6.4.3.4 not sure with the AP's 325. What should be the steps to avoid pulling the AP's? is there a way to provisioned the AP's assuming it is connected/patch on the right Eth0/Eth1. On 500+  AP103 there are no problem on its provisioning only on AP325 as I'm not sure if it's on the right port but obviously it has a power. Attached files for your reference.

Best Regards,

Kenneth Penafuerte PH

Version.PNGports macaddress.PNG

AP325 on ceilingAP325 on ceiling