Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

I am getting a "used" (supposedly open, but never used) AP-125.

How would I go about fully resetting the unit without a serial connection, and then assuming no DHCP assigns it anything, what would be default login and IP information?

Guru Elite

Re: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

You might want to power it up on the same subnet as an existing controller to see if it connects to it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: How do I reset AP-125 to default settings with no serial, and default login/IP?

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that I intend to use this as a standalone unit, not as part of a controller.

Guru Elite

Unfortunately, the AP125 does not come as an IAP or standalone unit. It never has..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Oh, someone told me that all the APs and IAPs had the option to go between the two configurations, was I misinformed?

Guru Elite

The AP125 is an older model that does not have that capability.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

What is the lowest end current model that does have that capability? (Wireless G and N, vlans, and multiple SSID are my only requirements)

Guru Elite

All access points here http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/access-points/ are capable..

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Ok, thank you. I'll look into other options.

Hopefully the AP125 is in the condition I was told and I can resell it to someone who does use a controller.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: