Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How does Whitelisting & IP Address Assignment work w/ LACP Enabled AP335

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How does Whitelisting & IP Address Assignment work w/ LACP Enabled AP335

Posted Aug 18, 2018 12:00 AM

I have two general questions about how whitelisting and IP address assignment on a LACP enable AP335. I recreated an LACP profile under ap system-profile. I added both the lms-ip and bkup-lms-ip to the profile. In addition, I entered the ap-lacp-striping-ip.

On the switch side, I configured two switchports for lacp(mode active) for the AP335 uplinks. My first question is about whitelisting. Do I need to enter the mac address from both eth0/eth1 interfaces into the whitelist? Or, do I just use the MAC address located on the AP335 label? 

My second question is about ip addressing. When the Ap335 second ethernet interface is connected, will the LACP enabled AP335 acquire a second IP address? 

• 2.  RE: How does Whitelisting & IP Address Assignment work w/ LACP Enabled AP335
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 10:49 AM

Only the eth0 MAC needs to be whitelisted.

The AP will only obtain one IP address.

• 3.  RE: How does Whitelisting & IP Address Assignment work w/ LACP Enabled AP335
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:36 PM

Great! Thanks for the info Charlie. I just tested LACP Profile for a AP225.

After configuring LACP on the switch, the controller had no issue provisioning the AP.

And I was able to pull the mac address of eth0 and eth1 by running the show mac address interface port-channel x command.

• 4.  RE: How does Whitelisting & IP Address Assignment work w/ LACP Enabled AP335

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:58 PM

I do have one follow-up question. I configured striping IP on the master and standby master controller. And If both eth0 and eth1 uplinks are in the active-mode port-channel and I shutdown the interface for eth0 on the switch, does that kill connectivity to the AP? 

I reviwed the 'Important points to remember' note. 

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_80_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/AP_Config/LACP_Support_on_AP_220.htm 

Not certain if this is expected(AP shuts down) or not. 

• 5.  RE: How does Whitelisting & IP Address Assignment work w/ LACP Enabled AP335
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2018 11:21 AM

@anthony_l_brice wrote:

I do have one follow-up question. I configured striping IP on the master and standby master controller. And If both eth0 and eth1 uplinks are in the active-mode port-channel and I shutdown the interface for eth0 on the switch, does that kill connectivity to the AP? 

I reviwed the 'Important points to remember' note. 

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_80_Web_Help/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/AP_Config/LACP_Support_on_AP_220.htm 

Not certain if this is expected(AP shuts down) or not. 

It depends on which port (E0 or E1) is providing POE to the AP. If E0 is providing POE and the interface is removed, the AP will reboot in order to pull POE from E1 (if available). If power was already provided via E1 initially and then E0 is shut down, the AP should not reboot.