Wireless Access

New Contributor

How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

I would like to disable Block Ack in 11n enabled Aruba AP for my internal testing.Please tell me method for that. 

I know switiching to 11a resolves the question but i would like to keep 11n intact.

Guru Elite

Re: How to Disable Block Acknowledge feature in 802.11n enabled Aruba AP ?

I think that is not something that is an option when you enable 802.11n.  That is part of the standard..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Are you talking about the WIDS signature for Block Ack attacks? Ah sorry, I only read the body, not the header. I've never seen anyone need to disable. What is the reasoning for it?

Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
New Contributor

I Agree that BA is part of standard, But my stations are having problem with Block ack so i have permanently disabled it in device. I want to remove ADDBA from AP so want to disable Block Ack in AP.

Guru Elite

What device is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

You can change MPDU aggregation, block ack, from the command line:

(ArubaController) #configure terminal wlan ht-ssid-profile {profile_name}

(ArubaController)(High-throughput SSID profile "{profile_name}") #no mpdu-agg

From the GUI the change can be made from Configuration > AP Group > Wireless Lan > VAP Profile > SSID > High-throughput SSID (advanced) > MPDU Aggregation unchecked.

I agree with Joseph that this is a standard and you are going to be making this change at the detriment of other device types connecting to this particular SSID.  I would test this in a lab before deploying.  Make sure that this change is applied only to the SSID it is needed.  Don’t assign this to the any of the default profiles.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: