Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:19 AM

I have generate the certificate using Web Server Template. It is working on Management UI. However, the captive portal does not working after i changed the certificate. Is it require reboot for the Controller or the Generate Certificate procedure is not correct?

• 2.  RE: How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:26 AM

When you say the captive portal is not working, what do you mean?

At what point does it not work?

Does the fqdn of the certificate resolve to the ip address of the controller?

• 3.  RE: How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:29 AM

I have generated the certificate from Windows Certificate Server? However, It can not redirect captive portal page after I change the certificate from default to the new certificate which generated from Windows Server. Therefore, I would like to know the procedure for generate certificate in windows.

On the other hand, the fqdn of the certificate does not resolve to the ip address of the controller

• 4.  RE: How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:31 AM

The problem might not be with your certificate, specifically.

Where does the captive portal process break?  Does your client get an ip address?  Can you resolve DNS?  When you open a browser, what do you see in the URL?

• 5.  RE: How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:33 AM

Where does the captive portal process break?  

the web can not redirect to the captive portal.

Does your client get an ip address?  

Yes, 

Can you resolve DNS?  

Yes,

When you open a browser, what do you see in the URL?

No.

I have changed back to the default certificate that is working properly for web portal login.

• 6.  RE: How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 28, 2014 03:46 AM

Go to the URL here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/KNOWLEDGEBASE/tabid/133/Default.aspx and search for "Captive Portal Certificate".  There is alot of information on how to request, install and troubleshoot the captive portal certificate..

• 7.  RE: How to Generate Captive Portal Certificate using Windows Certificate Server?

Posted Mar 28, 2014 11:46 AM

As a side note.  I would recommend getting a public certificate for the captive portal page so it is trusted by all devices: non-domain PCs, ipads, android etc.  

You could potentially even use a wildcard *.domain if you have one and apply it to the captive portal.