Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

How to split license?

Hi,

My customer bought 3 wireless controllers and a hundard of license without separate license for each.

In portal, they cannot specify number of license to redeem. It can select only license type.

I talked to Aruba support to process and they told me to cancel order first. But I am not sure to do next process.

Could you please help me?

Thank you in advance,

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Guru Elite

Re: How to split license?

I think you should discuss that with whoever you purchased the license from.  They would be able to tell you your options...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

In this case, I should contact local support in my country, right?

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Guru Elite

You should contact who your customer purchased the license from.  That is different from support...  They might be able to cancel the licenses and your customer might be able to order the correct ones, but I don't know what the seller allows.  You would have to call and find out.  Once you have purchased a license, there is little that TAC can do in terms of reconfiguring them..

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

I should contact my customer for specify number of license in each wireless controller, right?

If I have answer from customer. I should contact TAC for reconfiguration, right?

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Guru Elite

Your customer needs to contact who your customer purchased the licenses from.  TAC cannot split licenses.

Colin Joseph

Hi Colin,

Now I contact order management team in my country.

I do not what information will be required for this process.

Thank you,
Ratchapas S.
Guru Elite

The licenses should be returned and you would need to get the proper licenses.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: