Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I have Clearpass Guest Problem in self register account creation?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I have Clearpass Guest Problem in self register account creation?

Posted Dec 31, 2014 12:26 PM

We have deployment where we use register page with 3 fields in hotel  :

username Field,room Number Field and reservation number field

now guest enter their log in user name and their room number and reservation number ,If they entered right lastname and reservation number and username Field and  was verfied with their PMS the account will be created normally..now the issue is when the guest register again with another user name another account will be created,we have open ticket with aruba in they said just label the last name with username but this cannot be done as Clearpass verfied with Last fidld and guest must enter his last name now how to stop such a behavior?

• 2.  RE: I have Clearpass Guest Problem in self register account creation?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 31, 2014 08:18 PM

Please continue to work with TAC, and let us know the resolution.

• 3.  RE: I have Clearpass Guest Problem in self register account creation?

Posted Jan 01, 2015 07:49 AM

They replied again with just label last name field with user name but we cannot do that ?

any suggestions?

• 4.  RE: I have Clearpass Guest Problem in self register account creation?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 01, 2015 09:42 AM

WHY,

Which PMS is this?

Can you please describe the user registration flow that you want to happen and what problem you want to solve in that flow?

Are you trying to keep a user from registering twice with the same registration number?

• 5.  RE: I have Clearpass Guest Problem in self register account creation?

Posted Jan 03, 2015 11:04 AM

Micros, and they said that everything is configured well, but the issue with me is that I want to limit user creation I need to make if the last name and room number regiestered once this user will not be able to create account again:

reg. page fields:

Email:

Lastname:

Room Number:

and other important fields like auto update account work only with username field in our scenario we want to make it happen with last name

for Example:

Guest Called John open the self register page and enter his usr name :john,last name smith,room number 22 and when he click create the Clearpass took his last name and room number and validate it with Micros if there is a room 22 and the last name is smith the transaction will complete,now after 2 hours,john came and create new account and choose username john2 and room number 22 and last name smith and create another account will be created so we need when guest try to create account that is already register to give him the msg like "user already register" like the username field.