Wireless Access

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

I purchased a used 3200-US, with licenses, I need to upgrade AP125abg APs

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  I purchased a used 3200-US, with licenses, I need to upgrade AP125abg APs

Posted Feb 08, 2016 05:31 PM

I got the AP3200-US for a home office deployment, I had read elsewhere on this forum that the upgrade from AP125abg to AP125 n was a free upgrade that enabled the controller to upgrade the AP firmware.

After failed attempts to get assistance from either sales or support, nobody seemed to know anything about the LIC-<QTY>-AP125 license, and I was told quite bluntly aruba does not give free licensing and that I had to buy a support contract before they could speak to me.

The annoying thing is there are plenty of AP125 for sale cheaply, but no way to be sure what they are.  Is there anyway for me to upgrade the ones I have either with a console cable and manual firmware update or via the controller, without paying for an unnual support contract?

Thanks for any help

• 2.  RE: I purchased a used 3200-US, with licenses, I need to upgrade AP125abg APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 08, 2016 05:43 PM

What version of code are you currently running on your controller?

• 3.  RE: I purchased a used 3200-US, with licenses, I need to upgrade AP125abg APs

Posted Feb 08, 2016 06:00 PM
      |   view attached

The controller is installed with 6.4.3.6 and is licensed for 16 APs

I have attached the about information from the webgui.

Regards

Mark