Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor II

IAP 205 VS 207

Hi,

Guys I need to know the main differences between IAP/AP 207 and 205.

As I noticed in the 207, it has a lower price than the 205 knowing that it supports beacons, and has the same specs of the 205 so what could be a valid reason of this?

Also, with the 207 having built-in beacons, does it mean that with the iap 207 in a deployment we now only need battery powered without USB beacons or can we use the aps only with their built-in beacons?

Re: IAP 205 VS 207

I´m adding a question to this thread, I´m interested in seeing the hardware specs difference between these two models. CPU/Memory for example.

Cheers,

Christoffer Jacobsson | Aranya AB
Aruba: ACMX #537 ACCP | CWNP: CWNA CWDP CWSP CWAP

The two main differences are

1. 207 can operate up to 50C vs. 40C on the 205

2. There is a BLE beacon built in.

Yes. You can use the 207 and NOT have to worry about the USB beacons anymore and augment the beacons with the battery powered option. 

As for physical size, they are identical. 

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

Seth

What about the devices density that can connect to the AP

i mean 207 vs 205 which would be recommended for 207 compared to 205?

----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Occasional Contributor II

Hi, 

I found out that the 205 ap has 4 antennas however the 207 has only 2 antennas which implies some differences in the coverage and the numbers of users that each can support.

New Contributor

Does anyone know what the max memory is on the 207 IAP? I can't find this answer anywhere!!

Thanks in advance

New Contributor

We currently have AP-205s, we are looking at buying AP-207 instead for deployment in a student accommodation building. The differences I see are the 2 omni downtilt vs 4, the 2X2:2SS SU-MIMO vs 2x2:2 and the proprietary console port; optional adapter cable available vs RJ45 console  port. Obviously the AP-207 has the beacons that the AP-205 doesn't.

I understand that the reduced number of aerials will have an impact on coverage and supported users, but does anyone have any information about how much of a reduction is involved?

There is a significant price difference, so I am inclined towards the AP-207, unless this will create coverage or number of client connection problems.

Thanks

David 

Aruba

Coverage and range of the 207 is very similar to that of the 205. The 207 uses two dual-band antennas, while the 205 has dedicated antennas for 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The impact of that on antenna pattern and gain is marginal.

Note that the CPU of the 207 is not quite as powerful as the one used on the 205. In controller-based deployments that does typically not have a noticeable impact on performance, but in Instant deployments, the peak throughput for VHT80 channels will be reduced with IAP-207.

/Onno
New Contributor

Thanks Onno.

Onno the peeformance will still impact even if i get another ap like a 215 as master of the cluster??

Cheers
Carlos
----------------------------------------------------
Product Manager - Aruba Networks
Alternetworks Corp
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: