Wireless Access

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-205H Constantly Restarting, No Instant SSID or IP Address

I have a brand new IAP-205H that is getting power from POE.  The System Status lights blinks green for a minute or two and then turns solid green.  After 30 seconds or so, the LED begins to blink again as if it is restarting.

I've looked over my DHCP IP's and cannot find the IAP-205H being assigned an IP.  I have not once seen the Instant SSID come up either.

I have tried to restart the IAP-205H many times and same results each time.  I have also made sure that the reset button has not gotten stuck somehow.

Any advice/guidance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-205H Constantly Restarting, No Instant SSID or IP Address

Are you plugging in enet0? 

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=17326

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Yes, plugged into orange E0 on the back side.

Guru Elite

Does the sticker say IAP or AP-205?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

The sticker says IAP-205H-US

Guru Elite

Do you have another IAP cluster on that subnet?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Negative, it is the only Aruba IAP that I have.

MVP

"I've looked over my DHCP IP's and cannot find the IAP-205H being assigned an IP.  I have not once seen the Instant SSID come up either."

That might be your problm. It needs DHCP to bring up the instant SSID and if, for whatever reason, it cannot complete its boot it will reboot and try again untill it succeeds.

Please check if a corret vlan with DHCP enabled is active on whatever port you plug him in.

I don't suppose you have the serial cable to be able to console into the AP and see what;s happening?  (grmbl at Aruba for implementing that that 'weird' console connector)

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor I

I have checked the vlan and made sure that DHCP is active on that port.  Still no access or change.

I do not have a serial cable, sorry.

MVP

sorry for the late reply..

Pretty much the only thing left you can try is a factory reset I think. Maybe that works, probably it doesn't. 

From the installation guide at https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=16553:

Push Button
The push button located on the right side of the AP can be used to reset the AP to factory default settings or turn off/on the LED display.
 To reset the AP to factory default settings:
1. Power off the AP.
2. Press and hold the push button using a small, narrow object, such as a paperclip.
3. Power-on the AP without releasing the push button. The system status LED will flash within 5 seconds.
4. Release the push button.
The system status LED will flash again within 15 seconds indicating that the reset is completed. The AP will now continue to boot with the factory default
settings.
 To turn off/on the system status LED:
During the normal operation of the AP, press the push button using a small, narrow object, such as a paperclip. The system status LED will be turned off/on immediately.

Koen (ACMX #351 | ACDX #547 | ACCP)

-- Found something helpful, important, or cool? Click the Kudos Star in a post.
-- Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: