Wireless Access

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 04:52 AM

Had an IAP 215 Mesh with 4 IAP. from time to time an client (different one, not the same) lost connection. Seams that WLAN is still working but client , for example IPAD showes internet connections failed. if i idisable wlan in the client and restart sometimes after a few minutes it works like before. did not walk between IAP at that moment. Use 2,4 and 5 Ghz. newest firmware early 6.5.0.0-4.3.0.0_56428. Router is Fritzbox 7490 with latest firmware.all FW updates on router an IAP did not help. any idea ? 

• 2.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 06:58 AM

Please look at the article here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Technology-Blog/Removing-the-Bottleneck-in-Wireless/ba-p/77978 to get some ideas about what could be happening.

• 3.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 08:45 AM

Hi Joseph, thanks for the articel. wish you a nice day. i dont think its a bottleneck problem because in that mesh an 4 IAP i had 10-12 clients that are working maybe at the same time  . I think its mayne more something like the VC settings in fine tuning like what band is using, Cleint match setting or something like that

• 4.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 10:01 AM

Hi Joseph, i check the document and adjust all points the are possible like AP power 12/18 or broadcast ALL etc. no will check the next days if the error still exists. Thank you

• 5.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 07, 2016 11:01 AM

One thing to note, if you are doing mesh with 4 IAP, that the mesh is over 5Ghz. If you are broadcasting the SSID on 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz and doing mesh over 5Ghz, you can hit situations where the backhaul and client access on 5Ghz creates some performane issues (the mesh trying to serve clients AND mesh can result in the mesh links not getting as much bandwidth as they need. A test could be to make all your SSIDs 2.4Ghz only which would preserve the 5Ghz mesh links for backhaul only, and see if performance improved. Overall, regardless, it will be faster, as testing has proven this over and over. But worth a shot to try if you're willing.

• 6.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 08, 2016 09:33 AM

Thank you Jerrod, i think with 4 IAP in mesh and maybe 10 clients working the same time it should normally not to be a traffic problem. so i will try the differnet points in the document first. thanks to all

• 7.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2016 05:29 AM

Hi all, seams that the above solutions (document with 12/18 signal etc) di not help. i have still the problem that sometimes 1-2 the day WLAN stops working. Signal on ro example Ipad is stron and there but wok hangs . Also if you disable WLAN in the ipad i didnt connect with message "no internetconnections" on the ipad under the SSID WLAN connect. after sometime a few minuten it works normally. also Router and Internet has no problems at that moment. LAN attached device to Fritzbox AV 7490 works normally. any additonal ideas ?

• 8.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2016 09:16 AM

I would then start with TAC to get some proper tracking and support for your issue. They can suggest the logs and troubleshooting to follow.

• 9.  RE: IAP-215 mesh - client connect problems (from time to time)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2016 09:33 AM

ok i will open an case

Thanks