Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi

Posted Nov 21, 2017 12:20 AM

Hi,

We are opening new site and I added two 7210 controllers. Now, I have one SSID with pre-shared key for employes and it is working fine with PCs, Macs. EXCEPT all IOS device i.e. Iphone, ipad, ipod will connect to the SSID and get an IP address but never being able to access the internet. Any solution or tips?

• 2.  RE: IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi

Posted Nov 21, 2017 03:36 AM

What AOS version are you using?

Alexander

• 3.  RE: IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi

Posted Nov 21, 2017 03:44 AM

Per-Aruba recommandation I am using 6.5.3.3

• 4.  RE: IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi

Posted Nov 21, 2017 03:56 AM

Interesting, we had a similar issue with 6.5.3.3 and iOS devices. Working with TAC we believe it was related to 802.11r but in this case we are using 802.1x.

When we did a a show user mac <mac address> on the cli we had a blank spot next to the output for dot1x authserver which lead us to believe that RADUIS was not being initiated by the controller (despite being configured correctly) and most of these users (nearly all of these were iOS devices) were ending up in the denyall state. You can see this by running show user role denyall command on the cli.

In the end we turned off 802.11r and downgraded again to 6.5.3.1 and I understand TAC are working on a permanent fix. What I can't answer is if this is the same problem that relates to a PSK network. So, I suggest you open up a TAC case to look into it.

Let me know if you want any more detail on our situation

Alexander.

• 5.  RE: IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 21, 2017 05:57 PM

Hi,

Alex, thanks for the reply. I did open a TAC ticket but luckily I didn't have to use them. It was DNS problem. After I changed the DNS ip address on the DHCP pools in the controller everything worked fine. 

• 6.  RE: IOS devices not being able to connect to WiFi

Posted Nov 22, 2017 03:54 AM

Ah, makes sense. Glad to hear its all fixed.

Alexander.