Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

Posted Oct 25, 2013 02:48 PM

Does anyone have a a configuration for the switches in the same type of a setup? I can ping from either end to the connected MSR but cannot get it to connect end to end. Any suggestions???

• 2.  RE: Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

Posted Oct 25, 2013 03:35 PM

Lots of possiblities. 

Do you have static address and are they in the correct format 192.168.0.1/24)? 

Wireless Settings>Radio X> Basic.  Mode and Channel the same on both radios?

Wireless Settings>Backhaul.  Is Auto WDS Meshing enabled on both radios?

Wireless Settings>BSS>Security.  Is the Mesh Network ID the same?

Wired settings>Ethernet>>VLAN>Access VLAN.  Are they the same?

That should make it all work.

• 3.  RE: Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

Posted Oct 25, 2013 03:38 PM

Forgot:

Wireless>Mesh>Security.  Are both radios the same?  Sometimes it's easiest to keep it open until you are passing traffic and then aplly your security settings.

• 4.  RE: Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

Posted Oct 25, 2013 04:27 PM

Pete, thanks for responding. I had already established a mesh between the MSR's. I just cant seem to get it setup correctly with the switches to ping from one switch to the other. I have eigrp running on both the switches. Is that a problem with MSR's? I know they run OSPF but is this type of asetup a problem?

• 5.  RE: Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

Posted Oct 25, 2013 05:13 PM

Hey Dano.

Put a laptop with wireshark on one end of the link, and have the 'far end' of the link connected as-designed.

See what you 'observe' coming through the link.  If its routing protocols (like EIGRP) you think should be coming across, see if they are indeed being flooded across or not as a first step.

JF

• 6.  RE: Ihave 2 MSR1200's meshed between 2 layer 3 Cisco 3750s but cannot pass traffic end to end.

Posted Oct 25, 2013 05:16 PM

Thank you, I will try that.