Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Independent masters

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Independent masters

Posted Apr 22, 2014 08:05 PM

I was reading the 6.4 UG today about the new HA config and I came across this snippet I hadn't seen before;

The high availability feature supports redundancy models with an active controller pair, or an active/standby
    deployment model with one backup controller supporting one or more active controllers. Each of these clusters of
    active and backup controllers comprises a high-availability group. All active and standby controllers within a single
    high-availability group must be deployed in master-local or independent masters topology. If you use an independent
    masters topology requires all independent master controllers to have the same WLAN configuration.

I am wondering what situation it might be useful to have independent masters that are not syncing their configuration? It would seem likely to me that the configs could easily get out of sync, plus they would lose the benefits of having the various databases synced. Can anyone give some more insight into the usefulness of this topology?

• 2.  RE: Independent masters

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2014 08:55 PM
    Very few, if any.