Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Intelligent Power Monitoring, config or default?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Intelligent Power Monitoring, config or default?

MVP
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 10:42 AM

I'm deploying a network of AP330's and cam across the ipm-enable command.

Should I be tinkering with this?  Enable it but don't configure further? What is the default config actualy?

I don't realy care for USB and eth1, but do care about all the rest (very highly loaded APs). Should I set usb and eth1 to priority 1 and not configure anythign else?  Or should I configure the rest to a higher priority?

Some clarification would be appreciated

• 2.  RE: Intelligent Power Monitoring, config or default?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2017 10:55 AM

You should not tinker with it.  You should just provide high-powered POE to all of your APs so you don't have to worry about them.

• 3.  RE: Intelligent Power Monitoring, config or default?

MVP
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 06:22 AM

And when without 802.3at, I'm guessing tinkering won't do anything since it automatically disables well... everything but the minimal radio functionality (1x1) right?

Power Status
    ------------
    Item                        Value
    ----                        -----
    Power Supply                : POE-AF
    LLDP Power                  : 0.0W
    Current Operational State   : USB and eth1 disabled, 1x1 chain for both Radios 

And a related question. Is there a simple command to get an overview of that power status for all APs?  Or am I stuck with using  'show ap debug system-status ap-name' AP per AP?