Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor I

Internet connexion

Hello, I have a question for you, but I don’t have a lot of information about the structure of the network.

The client has two SSID (guest and company) and I don’t know if both SSID are in the same VLAN or not.

The client wants another internet connexion for the SSID guest only.

If the SSID guest is in another vlan, this is possible to give a command for a router to put all coming data on the VLAN Guest to the new network connexion?

If both SSID is in the same vlan, is possible for the Aruba controller to conduct the SSID guest to the new internet connexion?

Thank you

Aruba

Re: Internet connexion

If you connect to one or the other, Are you on the same network?  That should tell you if each SSID is in its own VLAN. Is the controller the gateway of the clients?  If not, then this can be done very easily.  I would do the following:

1. Put Guests into their own VLAN.  

2. Make the gateway of the guest's VLAN the router on that separate connection.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Frequent Contributor I

How I can put a new gateway only for the guest's on the Aruba controller?

Aruba

Well...that depends on what's happening now in the current config.  If possible, can you just change the gateway for the guests to the router you wish to send them to?  This assumes that the controller and this router are connected on the same VLAN.  In this scenario, the controller is a L2 "bump" in the datapath

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Guru Elite

If you are doing captive portal, make sure you add an IP to the controller in the guest subnet.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor I

Ok thank you, I don't have enough information. When I have all the information, I repeat my question.

Thank you

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: