Wireless Access

last person joined: 7 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

Posted Oct 21, 2012 02:05 AM

Hi Guys,

I have a small question.

Please look on the following table and warning from the lasteset 6.1.X release note:

DHCP_512_Limit.png

Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

And if YES - is there any way to assign address to the RAP units via external DHCP - for the VPN session?

Please advise.

Thanks.

Me

• 2.  RE: Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

Posted Oct 21, 2012 05:58 AM

Anyone?? Please Advise. I'm still waiting for an answers. Is the 512 DHCP limit is also for the VPN services? and if so. how can the M3 support 1024 RAP'S??

• 3.  RE: Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 21, 2012 08:47 AM

VPN connections are not included in that 512 number.

• 4.  RE: Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

Posted Oct 21, 2012 01:35 PM

Well thats an interesting info that i didnt know that you had a 512 limit on the DHCP lease!

• 5.  RE: Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

Posted Oct 22, 2012 02:39 AM

Yep.

There is....

Is written in the lastest release notes since 6.1.3.X.

If u bypass this limitations some other services on the controller might stop working like they should.

• 6.  RE: Is the 512 Leases limit is also for the VPN leases/RAP address assigned addresses ??

Posted Oct 22, 2012 02:42 AM

:manlol:          THANKS on the info!