Wireless Access

last person joined: yesterday 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue with Clearpass Cluster during Firmware Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Issue with Clearpass Cluster during Firmware Upgrade

Posted Feb 22, 2016 05:07 AM

We had an issue while upgrading our Publisher with a newer version of firmware which ended up meaning we had to promote the subscriber to publisher and then remove the cluster to allow the rebuild of the old Publisher.

So now we're in a situation where we have a standalone active Publisher and a standalone inactive Publisher on a newer version of code which we want to put back as a cluster.

My question is, can I create a new cluster with the non active publisher as a subscriber on a newer versions of firmware let them sunc if they will and then promote the subscriber to publisher so I can then upgrade the subscriber to the same code as the publisher or do I have to upgrade the standlone Publisher first and have downtime while it reboots?

Thanks

Jon

• 2.  RE: Issue with Clearpass Cluster during Firmware Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2016 06:42 AM

• 3.  RE: Issue with Clearpass Cluster during Firmware Upgrade

Posted Feb 22, 2016 06:49 AM

I did log a job with TAC and they sorted out the VM with the upgrade issue and got it working but left me we getting the CLuster working again, hence my question.

Thanks