Wireless Access

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:01 PM

tunnel.png 

Hi guys, sorry for the ugly diagram, just want to confirm if this config is a valid and supported config in aruba, L2 gre tunnels where the source and destination are vrrp addresses and also that they support keepalive.... 

• 2.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:19 PM

I would recommend to use tunnel-group instead of VRRP. You can have two tunnels between the controllers and one will be active at a time.

• 3.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:23 PM
    first thanks for your fast answer, but what iam trying to accomplish is to have 2 controllers per data center and only if both controllers in 1 datacenter fail i will failover to the next datacenter with the tunnel group.

• 4.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:23 PM
    first thanks for your fast answer, but what iam trying to accomplish is to have 2 controllers per data center and only if both controllers in 1 datacenter fail i will failover to the next datacenter with the tunnel group.

Dell, The power to do more

• 5.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:29 PM

I have just verified in my lab setup with 4 controllers, yes it works. Numeric value in tunnel mode cant be 0 I guess, so I used 1 instead. Worked like a charm.

• 6.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:39 PM

Looks like they have fixed things lately. I remember GRE over VIP was not working in 6.3 code.

• 7.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:41 PM
    btw, i am using 6.4.2.8 code, i remember reading some post and a lot people saying they were having problems when keepalives was enabled, not sure if that is completely fixed.

• 8.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:41 PM
    btw, i am using 6.4.2.8 code, i remember reading some post and a lot people saying they were having problems when keepalives was enabled, not sure if that is completely fixed.

• 9.  RE: L2 gre with source and destination vrrp + keepalive

Posted Feb 27, 2017 07:43 PM

I have tested it on 6.4.4.11 and works perfectly fine.