Wireless Access

Frequent Contributor II

Landing Page 802.1x

Is it possible without CPPM and any external services to have a user profile or other configuration on a particular 802.1x SSID to have an initial page load kind of informative so we can provide critical news?

MVP

Re: Landing Page 802.1x

The issue with that you are doing a Layer 2 authentication (no ip address) and in order to get that page you will need an IP address first .

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Guru Elite

You could do this by putting the users in a captive portal role after they authenticate. Then put an "accept" or "done" button at the bottom of the page which will put them into their final access role without a captive portal.

The downside of this is that until they click that button, all they can access is that splash page (or whatever else you allow) and this process will happen every time they reconnect.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Frequent Contributor II

When I tried this I get an error that too many redirects occurred in Safari and in Chrome this webpage has a redirect loop. I feel like I'm close but I must be missing something.

Guru Elite

Try to put a different website in the welcome page URL.

Frequent Contributor II

cappalli wrote:

Try to put a different website in the welcome page URL.

I used one of the bundled captive portal options from the controller then got the other URL working. I guess I gave up too quickly. Now I'm trying to determine if I have the access to the redirected URL to create the embedded login form or to add the accept button. It may be all for not. I'd hate to have users stuck in the splash screen.

Guru Elite

You would need to upload a custom form with a dummy user account embedded
and the username / password fields hidden.

Frequent Contributor I

Hi Rosie,

I'm trying to get this same situation to work for me. I'm getting "This webpage has a redirect loop" in Chrome? How did you get this work for you?

Regards,

Tony Marques

Frequent Contributor II

tmarques wrote:

Hi Rosie,

I'm trying to get this same situation to work for me. I'm getting "This webpage has a redirect loop" in Chrome? How did you get this work for you?

Regards,

Tony Marques

I'll have to look for my notes. I think ultimately was to define the l3 captive portal settings to put to the redirect url and then assign the captive portal to the user-role. I never finished the project since the inquiry request was recinded from the source.

Occasional Contributor II

Pretty old post but I just ran across this real quick with a test web login I'm doing in ClearPass.  My issue was the ACL assigned to the user role to allow access to ClearPass didn't have the new test URL I had just setup.  Once I made sure the ACL allowed the proper traffic it connected without issue.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: