Wireless Access

last person joined: 16 hours ago 

Access network design for branch, remote, outdoor, and campus locations with HPE Aruba Networking access points and mobility controllers.
Expand all | Collapse all

List of ALL BSSIDs Associate to all APs

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  List of ALL BSSIDs Associate to all APs

Posted May 22, 2018 02:51 PM

We need to deploy Enhanced 911 service.  For this service to work accurately, the E911 service provider requests ALL BSSIDs map to the AP and its physical location.  “Show ap bss-table ap-name ap1” works for small office, but within an enterprise with 1000 plus APs deploy, it is quite a chore.  I am also looking in AirWave for building a custom report but not sure if it is possible.  Some E-911 articles in this forum are either outdated or no longer available.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

• 2.  RE: List of ALL BSSIDs Associate to all APs

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 22, 2018 08:32 PM

I've seen specific integrations with E911 solutions from Lync and Red Sky, but each E911 platform seems to take a different approach. Which provider are you looking at, and for which telephony platform?

• 3.  RE: List of ALL BSSIDs Associate to all APs

Posted May 23, 2018 04:48 PM

Hi Charlie,

We are working with West Enterprise E911 Solutions for Cisco phone.  I just have a conversation with the engineer to brainstorm some ideas: for the large buildings, we will do L3, so the location of caller is based on IP subnet; for the RAP and WFH, we can do BSSID, a L2 option which takes precedence over L3.

Thanks,